[mythtv-users] Re: Possible SD frotnend-only machine?

spook myth at sixtimesnine.net
Sat Apr 30 15:21:04 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 12:35, Phil Bridges wrote:

> I'd be using a computer LCD with it, so I'm not too concerned about
> the video-out aspect; as long as the internal video iss supported
> under Linux, I should be OK.
>
> I'd appreciate you trying it out to see if it works.

Hi Phil - posting from my home account so different address :)

Well I've just booted my GX150 from the KoppMyth R5A14 disk and it
worked like a charm. The audio is Intel 82801 BA/BAM AC97 Audio and uses
the snd_intel8x0 ALSA driver. I did have to unmute the Headphone channel
to get audio but it works fine.

I did get the odd prebuffering pause when changing channel but it was
only now and again and was barely noticable. I capture on a PVR-250 at
Native PAL (720X576) and I've watched live TV and recorded shows OK.

I've got about 200Mb free (out of 512Mb) and no swap used when watching
Live TV and the CPU is about 20% idle. I'm running with kernel
deinterlacing - I'm not sure if any of the other modes are better but
the picture quality is certainly acceptable by my standard.

Hope this helps. If you want any more info just drop me a line. Hmm,
might have to pick another one of these up myself for a remote frontend
;)

Cheers

Paul