[mythtv-users] xbox-mythtv v.18 / remote woes

Reza Naima reza at reza.net
Sat Apr 30 11:30:21 UTC 2005

I've got a few issues.  First off, after following the installation
instructions, it seems there are some conflicts that prevented

mame
transcode
(and something else)

from being installed.  For example, installing transcode meant
uninstalling mythmusic.

Secondly, I finally got mythtv to come up, only to complain that the
backend is protocol version 15, but the client understands v.14.
Should I revert the backend or wait for .18 to come out for the xbox?

Third, I know the remote works with the EvoX dashboard, however, I've
had no such love with getting it to work with myth -- well, I can't seem
to get the 'OK' button to be clicked from the above dialgue at least.  I
know something is going somplace as strace of the lircd process shows it
receiving the appropriate commands.  I just dont how it gets mapped to
xwindows/mythtv.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Reza

p.s. there were some posts that said to refer to the faq, but it seems
the website was hacked and there is no more faq now.