[mythtv-users] Preview begins with green flashes (current cvs)

Wendy Seltzer wendy at seltzer.com
Fri Apr 29 22:15:46 UTC 2005

I've noticed that in recent cvs, preview thumbnails on the "Watch
Recordings" screen begin with green flashes as the video begins.
Previously, it might have taken a bit longer for the video to appear,
but it was correctly colored from the start.  This is most noticeable
in HD recordings, but can be seen in SD recordings if there's a load
on the system (i.e., the green appears for a shorter time when
there's less decoding work).

The problem seems to have crept in between 4/22 and 4/24.  A checkout
from 4/22 doesn't show this problem, while one from 4/24 does.
Frontend logs don't appear to have any useful information, even with
-v playback, but I'll send one if it would help.

Thanks!
--Wendy
Wendy Seltzer -- wendy at seltzer.com || wendy at eff.org
Electronic Frontier Foundation
Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard Law School
http://wendy.seltzer.org/mythtv/