[mythtv-users] WAF Achieves a Positive Value !

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Fri Apr 29 16:22:44 UTC 2005

>>> tom at redpepperracing.com 04/29/05 12:08 PM >>>
> How hard was it to setup? And what software did you use?
> A web site pointer would be sufficient... :)

http://mvpmc.sf.net

You need the basics:

DHCP server
TFTP Server
NFS exports

There are pre-compiled bin files, I'd rate it a 7 on a scale of
1 to 10 just because of the nfs mounting and tftp booting.

Once you get the syntax of the boot config right, it takes
about 30 seconds to update to the latest bin file and
reboot the mvpmc.

Once I pick up another mvp, I'm going to try my hand at
adding a TOSlink connector and get off these darn
rca stereo connectors.

One downer is the thing can only play mpeg1 & 2 videos
(and nuv's!).  So, if you transcode to mpeg4, fahgeddaboudit!
Also, no AC3 audio streams...

Music support is spotty, but workable.  The project is very new,
so I'm quite sure that once more people join the development
effort, more functionality will come.

Paul