[mythtv-users] Mythmusic id3 tag re-evaluation.

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Fri Apr 29 10:08:50 UTC 2005

Around about 29/04/05 01:27, Matt Gracie typed ...
> Is there any way to get Mythmusic to re-read the ID3 tags from the files
> in the music library? Being the obsessive sort that I am, I just updated
> a bunch of the tags in my collection, but mythmusic is still displaying
> the old information from when they were previously imported.

   I believe it only does processing for 'new' files;  doesn't
timestamp-check them.

   I'm afraid I [yes, I do it too] resort to fixing the musicmetadata
fields manually in SQL :)

   And on that note: does SQL have a regex-style search & replace
("replace()" only matches fixed text)?  That would ease a lot of pain in
this area!

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature