SV: [mythtv-users] ALSA and Digital Output

Meyland Peter PME at
Thu Apr 28 12:24:51 UTC 2005

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: mythtv-users-bounces at
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at] På vegne af David George
Sendt: 28. april 2005 13:32
Til: Discussion about mythtv
Emne: Re: [mythtv-users] ALSA and Digital Output

On 4/28/2005 6:24 AM, Meyland Peter wrote:

> Can anyone here help me to get S/P DIF to working on ASUS P4R800V
> Deluxe so all sound goes throug the digital output?
> Output from aplay - l:
> card 0: IXP [ATI IXP], device 0: ATI IXP AC97 [ATI IXP AC97]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
> card 0: IXP [ATI IXP], device 1: ATI IXP IEC958 [ATI IXP IEC958 (AC97)]
>   Subdevices: 1/1
>   Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
What version of Alsa are you running (cat /proc/asound/version)?  There
have been problems with the ATI IXP support until recently.  I don't use
that motherboard myself, but I think ATI IXP was fixed in Alsa 1.0.8 (or
possibly 1.0.9rc2).

HDTV frontend I'm working on (pictures, mythmon source)

mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at

Here is the output of the cat command:

Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.8.
Compiled on Mar  4 2005 for kernel
[root at htpc ~]#