[mythtv-users] Firewire 6200 playback problem

Devan Lippman devan.lippman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 04:12:26 UTC 2005

On 4/27/05, Jeff Wormsley <daworm at comcast.net> wrote:
> Andy Alsup wrote:
>
> >I don't necessarily think they are bad files as I can load them in
> >TSReader and it looks fine.
> >
> >I tried playing this NBC one in mplayer, and it says it can't find the
> >sequence header. One of the INHD ones plays ok in mplayer.
> >
> >Anyone else seeing this?
> >

> I've seen it.  Xine also will play them fine, but I almost always get a
> "BadAlloc" error and mythfrontend crashes.
>
> Jeff.

I had an issue that sounds like this a while back when I was
rebuilding a disk while recording to it.  Only happened to the
recordings during that time frame so I eventually just dropped it and
rerecorded the episodes.  You might try looking around you disk write
bandwidth if they are in fact related.  hdparm is a decent tool for
this.

--
Thanks,
Devan Lippman <devan at lippman.net>