[mythtv-users] Firewire 6200 playback problem

Andy Alsup aalsup at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 02:38:54 UTC 2005

I am capturing from a 6200 with firewire.  About 30% of the captures
either crash mythfrontend, or it switches to the playback window, then
immediately back to the recordings list.  None of these files are able
to get a thumbnail or preview either.

This doesn't seem to be a channel specific thing, although it happens
more frequently on the INHD content.  For example, I had 3 NBCHD
records last night and 2 play fine, but the third won't.

I don't necessarily think they are bad files as I can load them in
TSReader and it looks fine.

I tried playing this NBC one in mplayer, and it says it can't find the
sequence header. One of the INHD ones plays ok in mplayer.

Anyone else seeing this?

Is there more data I should be capturing to help troubleshoot this?

I'm using the .18 atrpms if that matters.