[mythtv-users] PVR-250 - Approximately 2GB/Hr.?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 20:34:54 UTC 2005

On 4/27/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>
> I didn't knows therewas  a place to set quality level of the
> recording. I just poked around and found it. I didn't quickly see
> where the default level is set though. Is that in the backend
> somewhere?
>
> Anyway, thanks for the pointer. Very helpful!

if you go to setup/utilities in mythfrontend and then into manage
recording (maybe tv, i'm doing this from very poor memory ;).
you should see three or four default recording profiles.  default,
high, medium, low...  selecting any one of these will walk you through
the setup screens allowing you to change the bitrate, audio sampling
rate, and a bunch of other settings.
right now on my system i believe all the recording profiles are setup
the same.  i don't remember if that is the default or not.  i haven't
touched it yet because i haven't figured out what changes will do what
to my system. :)  but if you're willing to experiment then you can
increase the quality of your recordings or decrease the size of your
recordings, etc.  there are always tradeoffs between size and quality,
but i'm sure you can find a happy medium.