[mythtv-users] NON-HD Firewire Success and oddity

mudbiker at gmail.com mudbiker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 15:54:37 UTC 2005

Just wanted to report a successful firewire implementation on .17 with
cox HD/digital in Tulsa.

I had to patch the 6200.c with the correct firewire node number and
Vendor ID (0x00000f9f) and model ID (0x00006200) and recompile to get
the channel changing right, but after that all is well with capturing
and changing channels through the firewire cable.

I don't have an HD set, but figured the extra few bucks a month was
worth an additional digital input instead of buying another pvr250 for
another SD input.  And of course I want to play with the HD on the
computer.

The wierd thing is the channels I am getting, and I wanted to see if
others were getting similar results.  I was expecting to get the
"digital" channels out the firewire port (on my cable provider the non
HD digital are from 100-400 channel range) but instead I can't get any
of the digital channels and instead I get all the "expanded basic'
traditional analog channels (1-76).  I have not tried yet, but I am
sure I get the HD broadcast channels as well.

Anyone seeing similar channels available out their 6200?

Also, anyone figure out how to set auto transcode for programs
recorded via firewire with .17?