[mythtv-users] Re: MythTV Backend Crash after MythWeb access

Tony Lill ajlill at ajlc.waterloo.on.ca
Wed Apr 27 04:14:26 UTC 2005

Jim Herold <jim.herold at comcast.net> writes:

> Ok, started this thread last week, but have been trying to narrow it
> down.  I've copied a couple responses to the thread below.
>
> My best guess at this point is it seems to be accessing MythWeb when
> it's close to time for a scheduled recording to kick in that triggers
> the crash.  Haven't found any consistency to any particular part of
> MythWeb that triggers the crash.
>
> If mythbackend left a core file lying around, where would I look for it.

If your system will dump core files, they will in whatever directory
mythbackend was started in. Best thing to do is to add

cd /var/tmp
ulimit -c unlimited

to the script you are using to start the backend (before it runs
mythbackend obviously). This should leave the core file in /var/tmp.

If you are compiling myth yourself instead of running pre-compiled
binaries, add '--extra-cxxflags=-g --extra-cflags=-g ' to your
configure command, and recompile everything. That will give a bit more
info when you look at the core file.
--
Tony Lill,                         Tony.Lill at AJLC.Waterloo.ON.CA
President, A. J. Lill Consultants        fax/data (519) 650 3571