[mythtv-users] No Internet access and my service provider has changed

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Tue Apr 26 21:45:58 UTC 2005

Phil Bridges wrote:

>Hello all -
>
>I am stuck in the predicament of having no Internet access for my
>Mythbox at the moment, and my cable provider has changed.  I have been
>manually importing the Zap2It listings by downloading them at work and
>slapping them on a CD, and then usuing the manual mythfilldatabase
>from the CLI.  It doesn't seem to like, though, that I've changed my
>cable provider - I have updated my listings, and downloaded them, but
>Myth won't import them.
>
>Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to get my channel
>lineup updated manually?

Does it fail to import because the lineup is different in mythtv than on
zap2it?  if so, the obvious answer is find a way to change your
lineup.   You can't get online even through a free AOL account or dialup
of some kind?  I assume that the lineup configuration is in the DB
somewhere and could be changed manually.  Otherwise, an unusual, but
possible solution, might be to run knoppmyth somewhere portable that you
could get into work with, configure the backend there, note the settings
for the lineup, and modify your copy.