[mythtv-users] New Mythtv Xbox site - www.mythtv-xbox.org

Tom E. Craddock Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Tue Apr 26 17:25:21 UTC 2005

Phill Edwards wrote:
> I'd like to see user forums on the xbmcmythtv python scripts there.
> This is a great solution for XBox frontends and well worth its own
> spot I think. To avoid a clash with the existing one at
> http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.pl?s=ccc3e7d0ecc59d86a0a9ae8c782b6062;act=ST;f=21;t=2676
> it may be worth stressing that it's a user forum, rather than a
> developers' one.

And what is this:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.pl?s=953587fba5dd87404e555c7f60ccf26b;act=SF;f=22.
  In fact it says on the description for that forum:

> No more posting in the Python Development forum if you're not a Developer!
> Examples: requests, suggestions, support and everything else goes in here!

Why are people wanting to reinvent the wheel?  Plus the xbmcmythtv
script has a sourceforge site, where you can submit problems.  Why
create yet a THIRD area where people who are having issues would have to
search?  Why not leave it as it is, and as how the dev of the script
wants it, as hes had it at the xbmc forums since its inception and hasnt
seen fit to move it to another seperate forum.

Tom