[mythtv-users] Recordings spontaneously slow down

David Kyle 4of11 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 26 06:21:27 UTC 2005

I'm not using DVB.  It's just an analog capture card, with no hardware
encoding.  Our problems may be caused by the same thing, but I doubt
it.  In my case, it never corrects itseft during recording.  But, if
another show starts immediately after, even on the same channel, it
records correctly from the start.  I almost never watch live tv, so I'm
not sure if the problem is present there.  This sounds quite a bit
different to me, but I suppose it could have the same root cause as your
problem.  Your's sounds like some kind of hardware problem, since its
manifestation seems rather random.  Mine seems to be software, since the
problem is always exactly the same, once it occurs.  But that's just a
bit of intuition...