[mythtv-users] Edges of picture getting cut off on tv out

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Mon Apr 25 19:54:20 UTC 2005

On Apr 24, 2005, at 11:04 PM, Brian Wallen wrote:

> I'm using the S-Video out on my epia 10000 motherboard to my tv.  The
> problem is that when I'm trying to change settings on screen, the
> picture is cut off on all 4 edges, making it near impossible to see
> some of the options.  How can I change this? I'll post my xorg.conf.

I'm using the Unichrome driver with the 720x480Noscale mode, which has
very little overscan. On my TV, for the GUI to be fully visible, I
change the "Appearance" screen settings to 694 width, 445 height, 13 x
offset, 15 y offset.

If you are using a different mode, or your tv is slightly different,
you'll need different numbers.

-Michael