[mythtv-users] Gentoo box resets /var/run/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt on boot

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 08:53:15 UTC 2005

On 4/24/05, David Brieck Jr. <dbrieck at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/24/05, Niklas Brunlid <nbr at ticalc.org> wrote:
> > I'm building a big nice hidden backend running on Gentoo. Installed ivtv
> > and mythtv 0.17 just fine, and after editing mysql.txt (present in five
> > directories) and running mythsetup it connected fine and appeared as a
> > slave backend to my now-master, soon-to-be-slave backend/frontend.
> >
> > But when I reboot, mythbackend uses /var/run/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt,
> > which is _always_ set to the default values, no matter if I edit it or
> > delete it. Now, the server will of course not be rebooted that often, but
> > I really wouldn't like to have my master backend not start up properly
> > after a power outage... =)
> >
> > /etc/init.d/mythbackend was added to "default" runlevels after compilation
> > had finished.
> >
> > In /etc/conf.d/mythbackend, I have:
> >   MYTH_USER=root
> >   MYTH_PID=/var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid
> >
> > Running from commandline works fine, just can't start the service unless I
> > manually correct /var/run/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt first.
> >
> > / Niklas

This is great to know, I have been trying to troubleshoot this one
myself, but could not figure out the problem.  Now I've got something
to work with :)

> You should put your values in /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt

For some reason, this is ignored.  However, maybe a symlink from
/etc/mythtv/mysql.txt to /var/run/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt would do
the trick?  I guess a few experiments are in order.

Cool