[mythtv-users] Problem with fast forward/rewind...

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Apr 25 07:36:55 UTC 2005

On Monday 25 Apr 2005 05:12, Nate Thompson wrote:
> I've been having a problem since I installed .17, and it continues with
> .18; hopefully someone can help me out. Whenever I use either the fast
> forward/rewind functions, it will work normally for about 10 seconds then
> the screen will freeze. If I hit play, it will resume playing normally from
> that spot. However, if I hit FFW/REW again, it will continue moving in
> whichever respective direction for another 10 seconds or so before freezing
> again. I was wondering if anyone has seen this behavior, and if so, if they
> were able to find a fix for it.

Yes I've seen this behaviour. I've posted a couple of threads here and on the
dev list about it in the last 2 weeks. This seems to be a bug with the FF/RW
code for Mpeg2 streams. A patch released by Daniel Kristjansson in a thread
on the Dev list called "Video Output patch(incl. Windows & OSX)" does for
some fix the symptom (although not apparently the underlying problem).
--
Stuart Morgan