[mythtv-users] SPDIF sound on Intel D865GBF board

Jeff Wormsley daworm at comcast.net
Mon Apr 25 02:20:12 UTC 2005

I just upgraded to an Intel D865GBF board, using an AD1985 chipset, and
would like to get SPDIF output working on it.

Has anyone tried this?  Google searches show commits to ALSA to support
it, but little else.  There are old references to people who obviously
had it sort of working (one guy mentioned soldering!).  Try as I might,
I can't get a digital signal from the left channel of the green jack
(according to the Intel PDF) to be recognized by my reciever.  I've
tried using alsamixer and KMix, and IEC958 is on.  I have no clue what
the others do, but I think I have hit most of the probably combinations.

TIA,
  Jeff.