[mythtv-users] Re: ld: cannot find -lXmu <- I get this error when building mythmusic or mythgallery .17 on my suse 9.1 box ... any thoughts?

Gayle gayle at anothercrap.com
Sun Apr 24 16:19:17 UTC 2005

On Sunday 13 February 2005 18:57, Dave Hofstra wrote:
> NOTES ON HOW I RESOLVED THE LIBXMU ERROR DURING COMPILE
<snip>
> then I edited /mythmusic-0.17/mythmusic/Makefile line 22 to read
>
> LIBS     = $(SUBLIBS) -L/usr/lib/ -L$(QTDIR)/lib/ -L/usr/lib/
> -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -lSDL -lfaad -lmp4ff -lmad -lid3tag
> -logg -lvorbisfile -lvorbis -lvorbisenc -lcdaudio -lFLAC -lmp3lame
> -lcdda_paranoia -lcdda_interface -lqt-mt -lGLU -lGL -lXmu -lpthread
> -L/usr/X11R6/lib/
<snip>

> IT THEN COMPLETED THE MAKE
> >
> > I am using Suse 9.1
> >
> > Thank you,
> >
> > Dave Hofstra

Sorry to everyone for digging an old thread up but I just had the exact same
issue with Suse 9.3.  I fixed it the same way Dave did then came looking in
the mailing list to see if anyone else had a similar problem.  I notice  Dave
was using Suse 9.1 so I wonder if it's a Suse thing.

Regards,

Gayle