[mythtv-users] Gentoo box resets /var/run/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt on boot

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Sun Apr 24 14:42:21 UTC 2005

I'm building a big nice hidden backend running on Gentoo. Installed ivtv
and mythtv 0.17 just fine, and after editing mysql.txt (present in five
directories) and running mythsetup it connected fine and appeared as a
slave backend to my now-master, soon-to-be-slave backend/frontend.

But when I reboot, mythbackend uses /var/run/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt,
which is _always_ set to the default values, no matter if I edit it or
delete it. Now, the server will of course not be rebooted that often, but
I really wouldn't like to have my master backend not start up properly
after a power outage... =)

/etc/init.d/mythbackend was added to "default" runlevels after compilation
had finished.

In /etc/conf.d/mythbackend, I have:
  MYTH_USER=root
  MYTH_PID=/var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid

Running from commandline works fine, just can't start the service unless I
manually correct /var/run/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt first.

/ Niklas