[mythtv-users] HowTo delete a recording group?

Timothy G. Schaefer tim_lists at comcast.net
Sun Apr 24 11:57:33 UTC 2005

At 04:01 AM 4/24/2005, you wrote:
>HI!
>
>Phill Edwards wrote:
>>>I have a recording group named "". How/where can I delete that?
>>I've got one as well. It seemed to come as standard so I've never
>>bothered doing anything with it, in case it's there for a reason.
>
>I think this came from earlier versions of MythWeb. Recordings scheduled
>from there always were in the "" group. Now you can specify the group in
>MythWeb.
>
>Thomas

 From my messing around, I think the list of groups comes from a query to
either the 'record' or 'recorded' table that finds all distinct entries for
recgroup in all of the rows. To answer your question to get rid of it, you
may just have to move all of your recordings to something other than "" for
the group as well your recording schedules. You could also manually edit
the tables or run a query on the database if you're brave (and backup
first). Something like
UPDATE record SET recgroup = 'News' WHERE recgroup = ''
Make 'News' whatever you want, and '' is two single quotes not one double
quote (your problem is an empty group right, not two double quotes?). Then
run again on the recorded table.