[mythtv-users] Channels not changing for recordings

Roy Paulsen roypaul at online.no
Sat Apr 23 08:40:40 UTC 2005

På Saturday 23 April 2005 05:07, skrev Paul Leppert:
> What I don't get is why it is executed when I'm using live tv, but
> doesn't when it tries to record.

I'm having the exact same issue myself. I finally got my ir-blaster working.
It worked very well when changing channels during live tv, and also during
scheduled recordings. Hooray!

But; then I needed to re-boot my mythbox.
I can still change channels during live tv, but not when scheduling
recordings.

I believe this is caused by the backend starting before all the components of
my ir-blaster is completely loaded (modules, devices, ledxmitd). The backend
is seemingly not aware of the mechanism being present at all...
The frontend is loaded as the very last step of the boot/login process.

I am running Slackware 10.0 with kernel 2.6.9, and it is my /etc/rc.d/rc.local
script loading the lirc-related components.  I've posted it below:

---- START script ----
#!/bin/sh
#
# /etc/rc.d/rc.local:  Local system initialization script.
#
# Put any local setup commands in here:
echo "*** START rc.local ***

# This is for my Hauppage (PVR-350) remote
/usr/local/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0

# This is for my home-made IR-blaster
/sbin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 uart none
/sbin/modprobe ledxmit_serial
sleep 3
/usr/local/lirc-ledxmit/sbin/ledxmit-ledxmitd --device=/dev/ledxmit0
sleep 3

# Transcode daemon
/usr/local/bin/mtd -d

# MythTV Backend
/usr/local/bin/mythbackend > /home/tv/mythbackend.log 2>&1 &
---- END script ----

As you can see I'm trying to put in some 'sleep' commands to give time for
some components to load before firing up the next ones. I just don't know
exactly where to put it yet, Testing takes time, because my wife likes to
watch TV (Alright, alright! So do I. )

I guess the best thing would be to delay mythbackend a bit. Going to try this
tonight.

...Anyone?

--
Roy Paulsen