[mythtv-users] HDTV Playback Questions

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Sat Apr 23 01:14:04 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 09:08 -0500, Mat Kyne wrote:
> The first problem concerns the way the recorded program shows up on my
> screen. When I watch a program recorded on NBC, WB, or CBS, The image
I can't help with this.

> became distorted. If I turned the volume WAY up, I could hear the background
> noise, (people typing, and phones ringing, etc) but no dialog.  Then
> Immediatly afterwards I recorded Medium flawlessly. I'm stumped. Any help or
> inputs would be appreciated.  -Mat
Have you tried to switch to a different audio stream? i.e. with the "+"
key? We don't try very hard to get the right one in MythTV.

There is also a problem with the ac3 decoder, it sometimes gets in a
funky state. I haven't seen this problem since 0.16, but it used to
be that after a bad packet (due to bad reception) skipping forward
and back would sometimes restore audio. If this is your problem, a
bigger antenna, or better antenna placement may help a great deal.

-- Daniel