[mythtv-users] Channels not changing for recordings

Paul Leppert phlepper at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 23:53:58 UTC 2005

I just finished reinstalling my mythtv box and I've got a weird issue.
 When myth records programs off the attached DirecTV, it doesn't
change channels, but leaves it on the default channel.

What is weird is that when I watch live tv and change channels, the
channels are changed correctly.  What does mythtv do differently
regarding calling the channel changing script when it is initiating a
recording versus when it is watching live tv?

I have a PVR-250 with the DTV on the Svideo input and controlling the
channels via the serial port.  The script is the same as before the
reinstall and it was working fine then.  I have double-checked the
permissions and they look correct and double-checked within
mythtv-setup (Input Connections).

[mythtv at mythtvbe ~]$ ll scripts/chanset*
-rwxrwxr-x  1 mythtv mythtv 6279 Apr 20 21:21 scripts/chanset.pl

Is there more than one place where I need to set the channel?

thanks,
phlepper
--
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.  --  Confucius