[mythtv-users] Can dvb cards "share" program guide with regular analog cards?

Peter Andersson peter at legio.mine.nu
Fri Apr 22 17:58:48 UTC 2005

I have an analog (pvr-250) and a digital (nexus-ca) card that i am trying
to configure to use "the same tv guide". What i am trying to achive is to
be able to record with my analog card while watching tv with the digital
card. I know this would be possible if i configured one channel for each
card (like "discovery channel analog" and "discovery channel dvb" for
instance). But i would like to have just one "discovery channel" in my tv
guide and let mythtv worry about selecting the right tv tuner. Yes, i am
lazy :)
I have read dozens of guides but no manual/guide i have read describes how
to do this/if it is possible. Has anyone got this working? If so please
let me know how you made it.

/Peter