[mythtv-users] Decent, Inexpensive Video Card? (Yes, I did search)

Jonathan Watmough jonathan.watmough at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 13:43:22 UTC 2005

I think the Kaser 5200FX is Fanless. I own a couple of these, one in
my Myth box, and one stuffed into my work machine driving a couple of
19 in monitors.

This card is $69.99 at Fry's and has VGA, S-Video and DVI outputs. A
S-Vid to composite connector is included, though sadly a DVI to VGA is
not.

For what it's worth, the TV output of the ATI 9200 does look a bit
better to me (GF's setup with Win XP and VLC) but having tried to get
Linux running on it, I refuse to mess with ATI on Linux, and the
NVidia S-out is decent enough.

Cheers
Jonathan