[mythtv-users] capture from Sky Digibox with PVR-350

David myth at dgreaves.com
Fri Apr 22 07:54:58 UTC 2005

Dan Polak wrote:
> My PVR-350 is currently connected to cable TV on the TV Connector. I'd
> also like to be able to record from my Sky Digibox. The Digibox has
> RGB SCART output.
Some have s-video out.
It could be quite cheap to find a s/hand one with s-video.

> It seems best to use the S-Video input on the PVR-350 for recording
> from the Digibox.
It it, I project the resultant image to a 10' screen and it looks fine!

> Can anyone recommend a good converter from RGB scart to S-Video (if
> possible with the right cables)?
I actually use my video recorder (VCR)
It does the job beautifully.

> Will MythTV work with two inputs connected to one PVR-350?
yes
> How do I find out which /dev/video device corresponds to the S-Video
> input of the PVR-350?
that's not how it works - you use ioctls (or ivtv commands) to select
the tuner or s-video (or radio) inputs.