[mythtv-users] Anyone successful yet with an HD-3000 and QAM?

Aran Cox spin667 at mchsi.com
Thu Apr 21 22:24:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 02:44:16PM -0400, Jeff Piazza wrote:
> I've got a working MythTV set-up with a PVR-250, and would like to get
> a high-def tuner before the infamous broadcast flag deadline.  I'm not
> particularly keen on messing around with OTA reception.

I can record QAM stuff from my cable company on an HD3000.  It seems
to work very well.

> Can anyone confirm that they've gotten an HD-3000 to work with QAM
> successfully?  Even better, can anyone confirm an HD-3000 (receiving
> QAM) and a PVR-250 working in the same box?

I tried that and bad things happened.  (This was a while ago, and it
might have been my problem and nothing with the drivers.)  I keep them
seperated now.  Someday I will want them in the same machine and I
will try again.  I'm waiting for more people on this list to say, yah,
I do that, it works.  My goal is to have 2xPVR-250's, an Air2PC, and
an HD3000 all playing nice in the same system.

> Thanks in advance,
> /JEP

Aran