[mythtv-users] OT: avidemux2 question

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Thu Apr 21 20:25:18 UTC 2005

> For what its worth, I have my recording level volume control set at 90%. It
> seem to make recordings that are the same volume as the commercial dvd's. I
> think there may be a normalize option in avidemux2 to do the same trick.
> Mplayer also has some options that may prove useful.

Someone else also suggested Normalize. I selected that in avidemux2 and
re-saved and it came out about the same as far as I can tell.

If I look at my Myth recording profiles they are all set at 90%.
If I look at [Utilities/Setup]Setup/General:
Mixer Device: /dev/mixer
Mixer Controls: Master
Master Mixer Volume is at 74%
PCM Mixer Volume is at 52%

Would these have any bearing on recording?

Thanks,
James