[mythtv-users] mythbackend mysteriously dying

Loren H. Burlingame there.can.be.only.two.apparently at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 12:43:20 UTC 2005

On 4/20/05, Jeroen Doumen <doumen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I have installed myhttv 0.17 on my Gentoo system using the (standard)
> mythtv-0.17-r1 ebuilds there.
>
>  Everything seems to work fine, but occasionally (3 times during the two
> weeks that the system was up and running) my mythbackend has crashed,
> without leaving any trace in the (default) logs. I'll try and set
> mythbackend to log all, but maybe someone here has an idea what might be
> going wrong.

I am also having this problem (also running Gentoo and MythTV .17).

I think I finally narrowed it down to a specific circumstance, though.
Whenever both PVR-250s end recording at the exact same time the second
instance fails to make a database query and the whole thing crashes. I
have been too busy to try and fix it but it has been happening ever
since I added the second tuner.

I was just going to wipe the thing and start over since this is still
my first install of Myth and I feel I am a bit wiser now.

>  Also, my video recordings seem to miss a couple of frames every now and
> then.

I don't have this problem

--
Loren H. Burlingame <loren at lhb.name>