[mythtv-users] [solved] HDTV performance in 0.18

David Wood obsidian at panix.com
Wed Apr 20 21:05:13 UTC 2005

My particular problem was (apparently) that AGP was actually disabled.
Without checking /proc/drivers/nvidia/agp/status there was nothing else to
indicate this; X diligently did its thing and didn't log a single warning
or error related to AGP, regardless of the NvAGP setting. I spent some
time troubleshooting my module settings, but now the AGP-related modules
are being loaded properly on boot again.

I can now render HD without using XvMC, with about 5-10% idle. This has
(so far) been more stable.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions. Only minor open questions
remain...

I still don't know what you should put on the "./configure" line to
compile optimally for athlon-xp. The manual is ambiguous/out-of-date.