[mythtv-users] uc: epia spdif AC3 - Almost there, quick question

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 17:44:23 UTC 2005

On 4/19/05, Barker Thomas <TBARKER at qinetiq.com> wrote:

> Hi I have mythtv 0.18 compiled with alsa, I have alsa correctly using spdif.
>
> I have a dvb-t setup in the uk, nova-t so should be fine for AC3 encoded
> channels.

Thomas,

Which UK DVB channels are AC3 encoded currently? Whenever I've demuxed
recordings to burn to DVD, they've always come out as MP2 streams.
Having a Pundit-R system, one of the last things I have left to
configure is to run the sound through the SPDIF so I'd be interested
in your responses.

As I'll also be restoring the DVD drive into the system this week
(after trying to hunts down mediamonitor oddness) which obviously will
give AC3 output from DVDs, I'll be hoping to get everything eventually
working over the SPDIF which may involve cutting"a hole in to front
door of the Pundit-R (great design having the SPDIF output not only on
the front of the system, but also behind a door?!?).

Cheers,
Nick