[mythtv-users] Re: I Think I'm Bleeding (0.18)

Alex stangage70 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 16:54:42 UTC 2005

> If you do testing, please lets have your feedback (if it's a packaging
> issue at the ATrpms' lists would be better). Thanks!

I "tested" last night...

I use Synaptic to manage my packages.

Selecting the libmyth upgrade automatically associated most of the
other myth modules for upgrade.  However I needed to manually select
myth-setup, myth-themes, and I think myth-plugins.  I discovered this
after mythfrontend complained it couldn't find the theme I was using
(even though it appeared to be there).

After this, my frontend/backend combo worked...

Except mythweb appears to be missing!  I thought this would be with
mythplugins, but I don't see the resultant files I expect in the
/var/www/html/mythweb dir.  No .php files in existance.

Also I tried to enable XVMC, which was possible with my 0.17 atrpms.
Now I get a message that it could not initialize the video.
I am currently running nVidia 6629 and 2.6.10-760.  I will try upgrading...

Thanks for putting these packages together.
It saves me lots of time even if there are sometimes minor issues.