[mythtv-users] Setting a recording profie for firewire capture device

Peter Judge peter at judge.co.za
Wed Apr 20 14:49:37 UTC 2005

Hi,

I was setting up Myth with a firewire capture card, and was wondering whether it is necessary tos et up any recording profile stuff. (the steps here are from memory, so may not be 100% right) If you go into the recording profiles, and select the firewire input, it takes you to a blank screen. However, if you press 'Select' again, you go to the usual profile setup screen.

Should I be setting things up there? That's where you change settings like the capture size etc. The initial blank screen discourages me from doing anything, but since it's possible to set things, I thought I'd ask.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Peter

PS In the course of my messing around, I discovered that you need to uncheck the 'AC3 passthrough' toggle before you can get sound to work when capturing via firewire. HTH someone.