[mythtv-users] uc: spdif anyone?

Barker Thomas TBARKER at qinetiq.com
Wed Apr 20 08:30:01 UTC 2005

Does anyone use spdif digital audio with AC3 over DVB or am I flogging a
dead horse?

Hi I have mythtv 0.18 compiled with alsa, I have alsa correctly using spdif.

I have a dvb-t setup in the uk, nova-t so should be fine for AC3 encoded
channels.

For example      mplayer ac3test.avi -ac hwac3 -vo null switches my external
amp to DD and all sounds great.

I have enabled my mythtv audio setup to pass AC3 through and have set the
device to ALSA:iec958 and I get sound through my amp now over coaxial, But
my amp does not switch to DD.

Now my question, is ALSA:iec958 the correct device for a via epia m10k? if
so how do I make mythtv output AC3 channels to my amp? Am I Missing
something here?

Please help!!

P.s. I have checked the forums and this is as far as I can go information
wise!

Many thanx

Thomas Barker

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored.
Calls to QinetiQ may be recorded for quality control,
regulatory and monitoring purposes.