[mythtv-users] mythbackend mysteriously dying

Jeroen Doumen doumen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 08:25:27 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have installed myhttv 0.17 on my Gentoo system using the (standard)
mythtv-0.17-r1 ebuilds there.

Everything seems to work fine, but occasionally (3 times during the two
weeks that the system was up and running) my mythbackend has crashed,
without leaving any trace in the (default) logs. I'll try and set
mythbackend to log all, but maybe someone here has an idea what might be
going wrong.

Also, my video recordings seem to miss a couple of frames every now and
then.

My system specs are:

P4 3.0 GHz
PVR350
Gentoo, kernel 2.6.11-r4

Does anyone have any clue what might be going wrong?

Thanks,
Jeroen