[mythtv-users] Request info from working M10K frontend.

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Wed Apr 20 01:22:03 UTC 2005

On Apr 19, 2005, at 6:11 PM, Cecil Watson wrote:

> Hello,
> Michael Carland wrote:
>> Howdy.
>> ** Questions
>> Could someone with a working M10K using built in video and ethernet, 
>> with a separate backend, provide me with the following info?
>> What interrupts are your ethernet and video on? (cat /proc/interrupts)
>>            CPU0
>>  15:    1856705          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, eth0, via at pci:0000:01:00.0
>          CPU0
>  0:     185254          XT-PIC  timer
>  1:         10          XT-PIC  i8042
>  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>  5:        120          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd, yenta, VIA8233, 
> eth0
>  6:      16802          XT-PIC  uhci_hcd, ohci1394, yenta, ivtv0
>  7:        285          XT-PIC  parport0
>  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
>  9:          0          XT-PIC  acpi
> 12:        110          XT-PIC  i8042
> 14:       4790          XT-PIC  ide0
> 15:         12          XT-PIC  ide1

Interesting. I'm not able to get anything to use int 5, and you have 
eth0 there, which is what I would really like to try. I just tried 
turning on PNP and clearing the config in the BIOS, and trying ACPI. 
 From the boot log, it looks like it will only route to interrupts 10, 
11, and 15. Maybe I'll hop over the the viaarena forum, and see if they 
have any ideas.

I notice you have yenta loaded, google tells me that's pcmcia related. 
Are you using an MII? Is your eth0 on pcmcia, or are you using built 

Also, you have ivtv loaded, not too many ethernet interrupts, and quite 
a few ide0 interrupts. Is your system just a frontend, or is it both 
frontend and backend? I ask because when the nuv files are local, I 
don't see the problem.

> I too am seeing some stuttering with 0.18 on the Epia.  First it was 
> due to DRM.  Once I got that resolved, it would stutter when starting 
> up.  When I first included support for the Epia (Unichrome) in 
> KnoppMyth, CPU usage was 50% when using the CD as a frontend, now it 
> is 92%.  Doing an install to hard drive uses the same amount.  If I 
> compile on the Epia or use my i686 debs, CPU usage is about 50%.  
> Before, it was about 13%.  So something is amiss, I just cannot put my 
> hands on it...

With XvMC and .18 on the frontend only Epia, I am seeing roughly 20% 
cpu usage, which makes this problem even stranger. About 3% cpu on 
hardware interrupts, 3% on software interrupts, and 0% wait. That's 
what's making me think network latency now, and checking out the shared 
video/ethernet interrupts situation.

Now that I have a disk in there, and no longer need net boot, I'm going 
to try a nic in the pci, and see if I can get it on a different 
interrupt that way, just for giggles.

Thanks for the info.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list