[mythtv-users] Rebuild source rpms HOWTO

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 19 23:53:59 UTC 2005

The problem with the linked procedure is that ATrpms
has MythTV in their own locations (usr/bin, instead of
/usr/local/bin), and they move some of the
configuration files around.

Rebuilding from source after you have installed the
RPMs will lead to conflicts (I know, I have tried this
myself).  It's actually less painful to rebuild the
RPM, and to install it over top of the existing one,
assuming the same version.

Still at work, but I will dig up the RPM rebuilding
info when I get home...

-- Joe