[mythtv-users] HDTV performance in 0.18

Paul Leppert phlepper at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:06:38 UTC 2005

On 4/19/05, David Wood <obsidian at panix.com> wrote:
<snip>

> What do you put in your ./configure arguments, if you're building for an
> Athlon XP 3000+?
>
> I used:
>
> ./configure  --enable-xvmc --enable-opengl-vsync --enable-directfb

I have an Athlon XP 2000+ with an nvidia FX 5500 (only at AGP 4x due
to mobo limitations) running 0.18 (originally built using Jarod's
instructions and then migrated to CVS).  With this configuration, I
can run 720p HDTV just barely (3-5% idle) with deinterlace and w/o
XvMC.  1080i stutters badly.  SDTV runs along swimmingly at 75% idle.
I'm outputting via VGA to a widescreen display at 1376x768 and
glxgears gives me a score of 2650.  I'm also using the 7174 drivers
and the 2.6.10.1.770 kernel under FC3.

The configure parameters I used were:

./configure -–arch=athlon-xp –-prefix=/usr –-disable-joystick-menu
--disable-firewire –-enable-dvb -–dvb-path=/usr/include
-–enable-opengl-vsync --enable-xvmc

(by the way, what does directfb give you?  Just to be thorough, where
do I find the documentation on each of the configure options?  I'm
assuming I shouldn't be doing anything with --disable-mmx,
--disable-x11, --disable-xrandr, --disable-xv, and --enable-directx.
But should I be looking at --enable-proc-opt,  --disable-altivec,
--enable-dvb-eit, --disable-xvmc-vld, and --enable-directfb?  Also,
for the sound options, if I'm using ALSA, should I be using
--disable-audio-oss, --disable-audio-arts, and/or
--disable-audio-jack?)

I am currently in the process of upgrading to an XP 3200+ (I'm doing a
reinstall to clean up some inefficiencies from the previous install
and incorporate some changes to the hardware with the new mobo).  I'll
post new info once I'm up and running again with the 3200+.

phlepper
--
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.  --  Confucius