[mythtv-users] Re: Re: Re: GUI Y-offset setting not honored when watching a show

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Tue Apr 19 15:41:53 UTC 2005

>  On Monday 18 April 2005 10:08 pm, Michael J.Sherman wrote:
>> > The Init method of mythtv/libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp. Hope that helps!
>>
>> Ok, so it looks like the offset X and Y is never used! The GUI height
>> and width is used, but not the offset. Do you happen to know why this
>> was changed?
>>
>> Look at line 374. Looks like 0,0 is passed in for the startx and
>> starty for the win_bounds guy. I'm guessing this should instead use
>> the xbase and ybase that were set up a few lines in the GetScreenBounds
>> call.
>
> That's the internal window (ie, the child window where the video is
> displayed), under the top level window. 0,0 is right for it.
>
> Isaac

Ok, I see that.  This code still is not working properly, though.
What seems to be happening is the position of the window is being
shifted by the amount of space the window manager decoration takes up.
  It shifts it up by the height of the title bar.

In order to get it to work "properly" for me I had to comment out
lines 380 and 381:

    mainWindow->setGeometry(player_bounds);
    mainWindow->setFixedSize(player_bounds.size());

So something with the player_bounds QRect is getting whacked and not
adjusting for the actual window manager border decoration sizes.