[mythtv-users] garbage from ext cable box

Jonathan Henry jon.henry at charter.net
Mon Apr 18 23:20:40 UTC 2005

I had a fully functional mythtv setup (.17 athlon64 using regular analog
cable and jarod's guide). I finally got my IR blaster and have succeded
in modifying lircd.conf to accept commands/change channels on my
scientific atlanta 3100 catv box using the link(s) from Jarod's guide.
However when using the digital cable box my PVR250 tuner only picks up
garbage when trying livetv (can still playback recorded shows) , and
when I bypass the ext cable box back to analog the picture comes back.

I've googled to my wit's end and I'm not sure how to go about
troubleshooting this. Its like everything is scrambled and the signal
isn't clear. Anyone have ideas? Thanks

-Jonathan