[mythtv-users] glxgears fx5200 and 7174

Preet Khalsa preet at ecbit.com
Mon Apr 18 19:48:52 UTC 2005

Greg Grotsky wrote:

>Preet,
>
>To get rid of AGPGART once and for all recompile the kernel setting it
>to NO.  I couldn't unload mine even though I have unloadable module
>support and AGPGART was compiled in as a module.  Recompiling without
>it was the only way I could get it to work.
>
>-Greg

That setting will not change on the AMD64 platform.  Make menuconfig and
make xconfig do not allow me modularize that setting.  I read somewhere
it is because the mmu is on the CPU.  So either Nvidia needs to make a
module specific to AMD64 or AGPGART needs to improve for AMD64.  I don't
know which.  Not a kernel hacker.