[mythtv-users] ntp failing and kernel 2.6.10-1.770_14.rhfc3.at

Dave Ansell dave at theansells.com
Mon Apr 18 18:10:44 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Allan Risk
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2005 4:32 PM
Subject: [mythtv-users] ntp failing and kernel 2.6.10-1.770_14.rhfc3.at

Has anyone had problems with ntp and kernel 2.6.10-1.770_14.rhfc3.at ?

I found ntpd was failing and discovered that if  I removed the "-u ntp:ntp"
in /etc/sysconfig/ntpd it worked or ran it from a command line as root.

It seems a lot like bugzilla #154759 and I also wonder if it is related to
the post on this list,
FC3, atrpms, jarod's guide = capset failed  dated Mar.14.

>From things I read I get the impression the kernel needs to be compiled with
"--enable-linuxcaps".
I wonder if it wasn't.

I had a previous setup working with 2.6.10-1.770_FC3, but decided to use
different hardware and am starting over.
Apparently the most recent kernel changed since my first setup and apt-get
updated it.

My knowledge in this are is very limited.  These are just some clues I
found.
mythtv-users mailing list

Yes, I had the same.
Now on 2.6.11-1.14 without problems.