[mythtv-users] Mythtools

Ryszard ryszard99 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 14:44:26 UTC 2005

I've just had a bit of a look at the farscape eps on tvtome.

The problem with parsing the synopsis is it seems that any old HTML
tags are allowed in there.  with the method i'm using
(HTML::TokeParser), and (AFAICT most others), its impossible to remove
stuff that is not wanted in a scalable fashion (ie without putting a
massive if then else structure in there (which effectively creates a
parser for each series)).

So, in this case, we're seeing the text from links, however in
somthing like "The Wire" there is eps with <br>'s and <p>'s.  what's
to grab and what's not?

I'm not sure there is a really cool solution to this, but am all ears
if someone has a technical idea i could perhaps play around with.

Incidently in the next release i've made another tool that displayes
when your favourite series next episode's airing:

[trevor]$ ./nextairdate.pl CSI
21-Apr-2005
Hollywood Brass
[trevor]$

its useful for me as i've set up a bluetooth connection with my
mythbox (can use my T610 as a remote control) using the bluemote
daemon, which can also execute and display the output of arbitrary
prgys/scripts on your phone!