[mythtv-users] combing problem at high resolutions??

David Shirley dave at cs.curtin.edu.au
Sun Apr 17 08:29:18 UTC 2005

hi,

I have tried these combo's:

- XVMC build
 * none
 * bob (from select box)
 * kerneldeint,quickdnr
 * kerneldeint,denoise3d
 * bob + kerneldeint,quickdnr
 * bob + kerneldeint,denoise3d
- No XVMC build
 * none
 * bob (from select box)
 * kerneldeint,quickdnr
 * kerneldeint,denoise3d
 * bob + kerneldeint,quickdnr
 * bob + kerneldeint,denoise3d

once again when the resolution drops past a certain point its fine - eg
 1920x1200 = terrible
 1024x768 = fine
 1600x1050 = monitor cant do it??!?

also when cycling through aspect ratios (using W)
 4/3 and 16/9zoom are FINE, the rest are terrible.

im guessing its a upscaling issue to the higher res?!?!?

if there is an easy way to take a frame grab (ive tried XV, but i suspect
using Xv(Xvideo) causes problems) then i can show you...

its not like normal combing - basicaly EVER outline has the affect over
the whole screen.

ps the reason why i am running 1920x1200x60hz is because thats the
monitor's default res/rate

cheers
dave