[mythtv-users] Slightly OT - Best notebooks (particularly) graphics card for MythTV/linux

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 08:00:43 UTC 2005

I am in the market for a notebook and have been doing my research on the net
and around the stores.

I have a pretty mean set of criteria (Sonama, Pentium M/Centrino, bluetooth,
15.4 (1200x800) screen, etc), but the major one is that I would like it to
(at least) dual boot linux and hopefully run as a mythfrontend.

I am leaning towards an Acer Aspire 1691, which comes with an ATI Mobility
Radeon X700 with 128MB onboard video ram, but I gather than nVidia is a
better supported card under linux. I know you don't need anything quite as
hard as a 128MB card for myth, but I would like to play the odd game now and
again.

What do you folks reckon is the better way to go?

Dave

--
GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.