[mythtv-users] FFwd hangs box

Scott Harris sharris at synthys.com
Sun Apr 17 05:35:08 UTC 2005

________________________________

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org on behalf of Frutillar
Sent: Sat 4/16/2005 2:46 PM
To: MythTV Discussion Group
Subject: [mythtv-users] FFwd hangs box

Hi!

I have done several tests with my Mythbox and after a couple of times that I
do a fast forward the machine hangs.  Ctrl-Alt-F1 will not work and neither
will an ssh session... the PC is dead.  It seems I can jump the commercials
and rewind fine, but when I use ffwd is when I have the problems.  This
happens when I use the remote and when I use the keyboard.

Has anyone else run into this issue?  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

What hardware are you using?  I've recenlty been reading a lot from the ivtv mailing list about how the PVR-350 suffers this problem and we are basically expected to live with it.

(sorry for the html email, using web mail)