[mythtv-users] combing problem at high resolutions??

dave at cs.curtin.edu.au dave at cs.curtin.edu.au
Sun Apr 17 05:27:20 UTC 2005

Hi All,

First of all I am fairly new to myth so it maybe be a setup problem rather
than bug.

Here is my setup:
Athlon 2000 XP @ 2Ghz
Dell 2405FPW (1920x1200)
Nvidia FX5200 with latest drivers.
Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus
Debian sarge, kernel 2.6.11.4 with DVB enable patch.
MythTV from todays CVS as well as previous CVS's

Everything has been alright(except xmvc crashes) until i started using
this new 24" screen.

The problem seems to be when the screen is at 1920x1200 I get a funny
combing affect. I have tried both using XVMC and no XVMC
(kerneldeint,quickdnr/denoise3d).

What's more interesting is when I flick throu the aspect ratios 4/3 and
16/9 zoom are fine - but the rest have this weird affect.

If I use a different resolution (in myth) say 1024/768 its fine.

It also affects different types of broadcasts, ie 576i/576p/1080i

Does anyone know know how to grab pictures so I can post?

Cheers
Dave