[mythtv-users] Re: Need advice with 'Pixelization"

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Sun Apr 17 03:04:57 UTC 2005

Jeff Wormsley wrote:
> Will Dormann wrote:
>
>> I think this is the worst method for video timing.  (i.e.
>> least-smooth)  RTC would be better than that, and OpenGL better than
>> RTC.
>

> Sorry to butt in.
>
> How do you change this?  Nothing I have set has ever changed it.
> Sometimes I see other things being tried, but they always fail and its
> right back to where I started.

If you compile MythTV with OpenGL VSYNC support, it will use it as long
as your video card driver supports it.   I believe it will fall back to
RTC, assuming your kernel provides enhanced RTC support.  If you use
RTC, make sure the frequency is set to 1024:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/05/msg00586.html

--
-WD