[mythtv-users] MythMusic playback error message help

Devan Lippman devan.lippman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 02:32:08 UTC 2005

When trying to play any song in mythMusic I get the following error
message "Decoder error. DecoderMAD: Failed to open input.  Error 5."
I checked the permissions on the files and they are set to read for
everyone.  Loading them from mythweb works fine.
I'm not sure if this is related but I hae my frontend and backend
separated with the music files on the backend (/var/music/).  I set up
mythmusic first on my backend filling the database and then mounted
the share to the same point (/var/music/) on the frontend to make the
paths identical.  Can someone explain this error to me?

Thanks,
Devan